Monday, April 20, 2015

BEDA (Day 20) - Astoria Pictures

IOkay first let me start by saying I do NOT want to take the dogs on vacation again! They just lick and smack in their pen constantly and make me want to scream.  They're doing it right now and I can't say "Shh!" at them because Mara is asleep, but I'm stuck to the breast pump so I can't get away! I HATE IT!!!! Okay, moving on.

Yesterday we woke up nice and early. I had barely slept, but I'm used to that! We had breakfast in the hotel (mmm, coffee!) and then loaded Mara into the stroller and went for a walk with the dogs on the riverfront. 
The fog was rad!

You can hear all these sea lions from the hotel. They sound so funny!  I got video of them, check out my Instagram to see it.  Anyway, the sea lions were climbing all over each other and barking.
Literally every square foot of this dock was covered with sea lions! 
(I look like I have no neck!)
Panoramic view from the pier.

A few more pics from the walk.


After that we went back to the hotel, I fed Mara, and then we headed off to the Astoria Column.  It's basically just a huge lighthouse without the light, and you can climb up and see really far. It was a beautiful day and perfect for this.
Stinkbug and daddy, ready to climb!

After climbing the 164 steps (one way!) like bosses, we hopped back in the car (where the dogs were waiting - don't worry, it was very shaded and they weren't even panting!) and drove across this giant bridge to Washington where we went to Cape Disappointment.  What kind of a name is that?!  Anyway, there's a lighthouse (this time WITH a light!) that's supposedly haunted by the ghost of a lady who committed suicide by jumping off the cliff. We hiked up to it with the dogs and Mara of course. 
I didn't take quite as many pics for this part because my phone was almost dead.

After this we went back to the hotel again, ate lunch (at like 2pm) and Mara had a short nap.  

We decided to go to Seaside and check out the outlet mall really quick.  I really want this pair of Nike shoes but I am not spending $85 on myself!  So after that we went into downtown Seaside for dinner.  I didn't get any pics of this but we went to this restaurant called Pig'n Pancake.  It's basically a breakfast place that has other food, but serves breakfast all day kind of diner style.  I had an omelette which was served with a bean muffin bigger than my head (you can be sure I didn't finish it!). We also had ice cream. 
But the really fun part of that trip was taking Mara to the Carousel Mall and taking her on her first carousel ride!  Corky had a hard time getting decent pictures as we whizzed by. Lol!

Before we came to Astoria, Corky wanted to watch The Goonies with me because it was apparently filmed at a house here.  Imagine our surprise to discover that not only was our hotel within walking distance of the house, but you can actually SEE it from the parking lot! 

Astoria is a fun little city.  I'm so glad we came - I had never been here before!  And Mara is a pretty great little traveler! 



No comments:

Post a Comment